[QUIZ] Is it … menopause? Is this community right for me?
Jan 20, 2021
The Varsity Menopause Quiz
I’m so happy you found your way here—to a community of women who have experienced menopause (and yes, survived all the emotions, physical symptoms, ups and downs) and have made a decision to make it a Varsity Menopause experience.
But, how do you know if this is the right place for you? And … is it even menopause anyway? I’ve put together a quick YES/NO quiz to help you determine if what you’re experiencing is a hormonal shift, perimenopause or menopause, and if this community is right for you.
- Are you experiencing overwhelming physiological symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood swings, erratic periods, cramps, breast pain, waking in the middle of the night, inability to stay asleep or go back to sleep, body odor, dry skin, itching that wakes you up, night sweats, hair loss)?
- Are you suddenly more forgetful than ever in your life?
- Have you experienced “brain fog”—trouble finding the right word you want to say?
- Have you experienced crying jags that are uncontrollable, bursting into tears for no reason?
- Are there times when you feel your identity is challenged?
- Are there times that your self-esteem plummets?
- Do you ever think you are going crazy?
- Are there days where you don’t recognize yourself?
- Have levels of self-doubt surfaced?
- Do you feel depressed?
- Is there a disinterest in sex, or has intercourse become painful? (usually due to vaginal dryness)
- Do (or did) you fear that your life is over?
- Do you fear you will not be loveable anymore?
- Do you feel a decreased energy level?
- Are your joints sore?
- Is exercise not as enjoyable as it has been for years?
- Have you noticed a change in your body shape, even though you are consuming the same healthy diet that has kept you fit for years?
- Do you dislike your body image?
- Have you ever thought “I’ll be loveable when I lose 10 pounds”?
- Are any deep negative self-talk barriers keeping you from reaching your true potential?
- Do you repeatedly allow yourself to be held back by believing your self-limiting beliefs (that are untrue)?
- Have you lost sight of your “normal” life as you knew it?
- Are you grieving the end of childbearing years, end of “youth,” end of pulchritude (sensuality, womanhood)?
- Do you fear being deemed obsolete by others in your life, or do you feel that way about yourself?
If you answered YES to most of the above questions, you are in the right place. Don’t worry, I have good news for you! Because I’ve been where you are, and I don’t want you to feel alone during menopause (like I did), I have created a community where you can get all the love and support you deserve! We have blogs, courses, seminars and books to help you through menopause and beyond.
Walk this journey with us to:
- Regain confidence, clarity and conviction about your identity and your purpose in life.
- Improve your self-acceptance, body-confidence and self-esteem, both during and after the advent of hormonal shift.
- Develop a more current self-image with respect to aging, whether you have had self-image issues all your life or issues are just now arising for the first time with the onset of perimenopause.
- Sleep better (hallelujah!)
- Regain interest in sensual pleasure.
- Break free from long-standing negative self-talk barriers and smash limiting beliefs.
- Become the open-minded woman who can reach goals previously unattainable.
- Feel more loveable, courageous and willing to try things you’ve avoided.
- Regain your sense of a “normal” life.
- Reignite passion for your Big Amazing Life with potential and stop living a tiny, closed-in life.
- Learn to identify and process feelings—increase emotional literacy.
- Improve emotional regulation by getting current and staying current with your feelings via my suggested calls to action in, “Dammit … It IS Menopause!”
- Learn new ways of living where you stay in touch with feelings and challenge your intellect.
- Get out of isolation to create a new story about your body and your life that undoes shame, isolation and competition while surrounding yourself with supportive, like-minded women.
- Get immense comfort in knowing you’re not the only one going through this, and be able to speak openly about issues many women are afraid of or uncomfortable talking about.
- Break free from the diet mindset of exercising to “work off” the most recent bout of spontaneous eating.
- Right-size your mindset around exercising for the purpose of disease prevention and healthy aging, cardiovascular health, muscle strength, bone strength, balance, fighting depression, sleeping better, fluid, pain-free movement, and adding to your energy levels.
- Attain more peace and confidence.
- Learn to be kinder to yourself.
- Allow optimism to flow through you about aging, menopause and being a woman.
Again, I’m so glad you are here. You are in the right place!
Not sure where to start? Sign up for my email list to get complimentary meditations, tools and tips for creating and enjoying your Big Amazing Life!
Sally Bartlett, ©2021