How to Age Gracefully with Ellayne Birbeth: An Interview on New Style Radio 98.7 FM
Dec 23, 2020
How do we age gracefully and successfully when we are faced with isolation, loneliness and depression? In this radio interview with coach and sport therapist, Ellayne Birbeth, we discuss the challenges menopausal women experience and what we can do as a community to support each other during this pivotal point in our lives. Listen to our 30-minute discussion, here.
Topics and questions we touched on:
- Does the female ever recover from menopause? Does the journey get easier?
- Women tend not to talk about menopause. They find it difficult to open up. Is that the experience you've had with women you know?
- What were the first symptoms you experienced? (Insomnia, crying, mood swings, forgetfulness, losing things)
- Encourage the men in your life to listen to this so they can be supportive of the women in their lives. Start the conversation.
- Think about it: all females across the globe will experience this at some time in their lives. What a great opportunity to bond and help each other thrive.
- How do you distinguish between actual menopausal symptoms and other disease-related symptoms (such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, etc.)?
If you'd like to listen to the full interview, click here to listen to the recording!
Interested in learning more about perimenopause or menopause symptoms? Could you use support on your menopause journey? Contact me!
Sally Bartlett, ©2021